BlackCoach - Part 4

Have I mentioned before how slow I am at painting?!

So “The Base”. The coach connects to the base at 3 points - one under the carriage and one under each pair of horses. To start the base I sized where those connections would be and attached the carrriage connection to the base. The horse ones are part of that component.

I glued on some cork for the uneven ground, some rocks and to define the water area, which is now just on the edge of the base. I also glued down the two gravestones that come with the kit. Excuse the bad lighting in these pics:


Next step was to use polyfilla to add texture around the cork and seal the cork edges where the water effect would be. I left some edges exposed to be rocky outcrops.


The polyfilla was sealed with PVA glue painted on:

Then more PVA  everywhere to add sand - it was left off the water area and the cork that was for the rocks.

After that a black undercoat. The swirl the coach attaches to will be painted white afterwards for its inking.


Ready to paint!

Comments