Black Coach - Part 5

So after going through everything carefully I started painting the base and got a bit carried away. The first pic I took was this:

Quite different from three sketch! I tried to add some faces in the water but failed and didn’t want to plague myself with disappointment so am just going to add water effects.
I added my red flowers after this pic and think I will leave the dead/beige grass off for now and see how it goes. Here is a shot with the horses attached:

I had thought I’d planned the base properly but in no way had I! The parts of the horse models that touch the ground were on ridges :( I have chopped those bits off and will use green stuff to fashion ethereal trails instead.
Here is a shot from the other side of the base with just the coach:

The coach is not attached yet but will be soon. The water is two layers of water effects - I think I will addd another two. The brass needs a final highlight. Silver needs finishing and the lanterns and then the coach is done! I have undercoatec the ghosts and wood harness for the horses black.
The ghosts I have decided to male black with the ethereal bits and edges white, blending in. Any arms on show will be white. The horses bones will be white with deep red clothing, similar to the curtains is the coach. I’ve decided to use that colour through the army, particularly on leaders/heroes.

Comments

  1. Looks great! You obviously spend a lot of time getting the details right and it totally pays off imho.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment