Black Coach - Part 3

So with the coach element complete (almost) I am turning my attention to attention to assembling the horses, ghosts surrounding the coach and the base.


The ghosts need extra attention to ensure any gaps are not visible - especially as I will be mainly using inks and glazes. I used plastic glue to put them together and while it was drying used a mould line cleaner on the join (couldn’t use this on the one carrying the cup though) - tiny bits of the the plastic help fill the gap.

After that Liquid Green Stuff to cover the line:



Finally a skull white sprayed basecoat:

I wanted to get the base done so I could attach the coach and get some encouragement from it looking awesome.

I am writing this prior to starting the base. I thought it would be interesting to describe my thoughts for what I want and then we can see what I achieve!

I will base all my Nighthaunts in the same theme, which is them in Shyish. I want to use some cork to make the ground uneven, maybe add in a rock or two sticking out. I will then used ready made pollyfilla around the cork and dotted about, ideally with a small water trail at the front of the base.

The polyfilla will be sealed with PVA glue (thanks Mick!).There will be some piles of skulls dotted about and then sand attached with pva. The sand will be black and some dead grass tufts and red flowers will add some interest. The river will be dark green and I may attempt some spirited under water effects with pained expressions!

I intend to use a “mound” under the carriage to provide a bit of additional support.

I suspect what we will get will be a pale shadow of that description though. We shall see later this week....

For proof of how quite frankly shit my drawing is here is an artists impression of my vision drawn on a post-it:


Comments