Guild Ball - Game Ready Part One...

Definitely my favorite miniature game of this year is Guild Ball and I am signed up for "Festive Balls" - a 32 player tournament at Bristol Independent Games (BIG). I will be taking Morticians, and while I am not the most competent of players I am massively looking forward to this!

So I got my head down and painted up a model a week and here are the results with some commentary! First - the team shot:


Here we have the full Morticians team, minus Bonesaw who is not out yet, plus Rage and Fangtooth who are Union players.

The first model I finished was Obulus. Being the team captain felt like he deserved the treatment first:



I didn't paint him this way on purpose but I feel his face has a definite Count Dooku look to it! I wanted the feathers to be something other than dark black/grey/purple so went with this phoenix esque look - this was something to pull the team together. Every model other than Ghast has some feather so they all have this scheme on them. Next up Dirge and a ball:



Dirge got the same scheme as Obulus' clock - on reflection he looks a bit too dark but I don't want him to be brightly colored so he'll have to do! The bases by the way are simply the resin bases that came with the Kickstarter. The flock is a bit of a modeling cop out but this is a sports game and I like the simple way it looks.

At this point I did the goal! I always knew it was going to be a big sharks jaw mounted on a corpse cart - it was just a question of modeling it! I found a 3D image of a sharks jaw as an STL file. It was a bit model so I used a free bit of software to shrink it down and then had it 3D printed. The cart came from "Gok" from the Busihdo range of miniatures so I pinned it on - used green stuff to hide the pin in a bit of wood and got to work painting:



I am very pleased with how it turned out! Back to the team and it was Cossets turn:



I decided on deep red for the teams 'uniform'. With her loose ribbons I kept them the same color as Obulus' to help give the team a look of unity. I didn't look at the artwork before painting her so she ended up with less skin on her from on show. For her face I wanted her very pale with some blood splatters!

The rest of the team are coming in part two soon.....

Comments

  1. Awesome colour scheme. Looking around for inspiration for painting my Morticians and you've got me started. Thanks for sharing & salute to a fellow Mort player from Melbourne Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome colour scheme. Looking around for inspiration for painting my Morticians and you've got me started. Thanks for sharing & salute to a fellow Mort player from Melbourne Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll get Bonesaw on here soon - hopefully my memory won't fail me when the new captain appears and I try to paint her to match the team!

      Delete

Post a Comment